7 April 2013

Fairy Tail : Natsu v Twin Dragon Slayers! (Anime)

Episode 175 [Final]

So Gajeel is on a long journey in a cart.

It is down to Natsu v Rogue and Sting.

The final episode.

The final chance.

***SPOILER***

This is the last 24 (roughly) minutes we'll see for ages and we get a recap. I don't want a recap I want 24 minutes of fighting and tears thank you!

So a little bit of last episode rage from me.

Not only that it starts with Natsu putting Gajeel in the cart.... *Sigh*

Have to smile "Gray-Sama you are wonderful" Juvia not keeping her attention on the match obviously!

Sabertooth looking uncomfortable also makes me warm and happy inside.

Someone is crying in the audience, and we know this is important because Jellal notices it too! Who is this hooded figure, is it the person Jellal was following before being apprehended the other day?

Last week might have been purely about the fight but this week will be the chase between Jellal and the mysterious person as well as the conclusion of the fight. With this being the last episode in a while will some of our questions finally get answered?!

I have to say it is lovely to see Natsu fighting in the episode on his own, I do love seeing others fight but there is something about Natsu, he is the glue to our family and to hear his reason for fighting (for his friends who were laughed at) and see him succeed in the way only Natsu can is something.

Again really nice to see Minerva look worried, and the rest of Saber.

And more flashbacks to Lector and Sting.

I have to say this about the episode it has its pacing down to a tee. It doesn't let the fight (which is now one sided, literally) drag or feel too heavy. It has it moving along with sideline action, team mates and other Guilds reaction that kind of thing. It makes it easier to watch. Sometimes watching prolonged fight scenes can get a bit weary, some people love them others don't. I'm somewhere in the middle. Last episode was good because it was equal-ish fighting, Natsu is now taking over and just watching him dominate would make the episode too top heavy so the moves away from the battle, even though the talk around it isn't really important and it is all about the fight is important not to lose my attention.

Back to the battle and of course Sting and Rogue are just as tough and blockheaded as Fairy Tails Dragon Slayers (though no where near as cool as Laxus who would have beaten them by now!)

To defeat Natsu the Twin Dragon Slayers use their Unison Raid, Holy Shadow Dragon Fang Flash. Sounds like something out of pokemon (I'll get my coat)...

And then a perfect Natsu and Happy moment and a perfect example of when characters have a personality *cough*Sting*Splutter*Lector*cough* you feel sorry and sad when a emotional moment happens. Ohh Happy how I miss you being with Natsu 24/7.

I didn't think that whatever Lucy said would make me cry but it has "I believe in you. I have ever since I joined the Guild." Leave it till the last episode to make me cry like a big baby why don't you.

I have read past this in the manga but seeing it happen on the screen still made me all emotional. How I love this crazy Guild, everyone in it, all the feelings all the love.

Of course with one blow Natsu takes out the Twin Dragons and wins his battle for his family, and we are all very proud.

The nice thing is it seems that Rogue is learning his lesson, he's questioning his arrogance and hopefully will move on from there. Natsu is his usual lovely self, Fairy Tail are 1 point in the lead with 45 overall leading Sabertooth (flashbacks to day two and when Sting gave up on Chariots).

There is a moving moment (with moving music) with Lucy and then it just ends... Just like that.

Post credits see Jellal stalking the cloaked figure and Gajeel at the bottom of a mineshaft stumbling into a Dragon Graveyard. We also get a little on Yukino and what she is doing joining Arcadios (yeah this is all post credits... Why have credits then carry on with the episode I don't know) .

PLUS a flash of Carlas dream (they know how to tease us don't they?) and we are about to get the revel of the cloaked figure...

To Be Continued

Damn you *shakes fist* so I guess it really is just a hiatus to let the manga get ahead. Please let that be the case and in a few months we get a date for more Fairy Tail.

This episode?

It did what it was meant to do.

Make me want to cry, make me cheer, make me laugh. Everything Fairy Tail has done since day one. On its last episode (at the moment) it showed everything Fairy Tail can and will be into the future.

Fairy Tail is my home, when Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Laxus, Elfman, Mira, Lisana, Makarov, Gajeel, Shadow Gear, Romeo, Happy, Lily, Wendy, Carla ............ when they win for the Guild I feel like I've been a part of it. That is the joy of Fairy Tail. It might be a fictional Guild with fictional characters but it feels like a home.

Natsu won, he won for the time we've all lost. They've lost it as friends, we've lost it as an audience to grow with these people.

Something bad is about to happen? Well until it happens we'll be full of grief knowing that our family was so happy and yet we know something terrible happens.

It has ended on a strong note though , doing what it does best.

And that is it for the anime at the moment!

Hope you enjoyed the few reviews I did, I'll still do the reviews on the manga and still will have Fairy Tail themed blogs all the time.

Now that I've gotten into the swing of it with Fairy Tail I might review a few more animes that I watch, I'm already doing a blog on Soul Eaters monthly chapters.

Fairy Tail has given me a lot.

For now, with a teary heart, goodbye to Fairy Tail the anime. Don't be gone too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment