5 March 2013

Jules Bianchi in F1!

So if people don't know I am a huge fan of Jules Bianchi and have been for a few years now. During the last test before the season starts it was announced that Bianchi would replace Liuz Razia at Marussia after Razia's sponsors failed to pay up in time.

My opinion?

Well obviously I am very happy for Jules to be given this chance. And again it is obvious I feel sorry for Razia. But I do believe some of the hoohaa by fans have been overblown.

For a start Razia himself was a pay driver, hence being let go because his sponsors didn't pay, so why people are saying Bianchi out bid Razia for the seat I don't know. The only big thing Jules brings with him is a possible Ferrari deal, Ferrari don't tend to have useless drivers in their ranks and Jules has worked in their development scheme for ages.

Personally I don't know much about Razia so I can't say I'm that upset that the driver I support (who I believe deserved the Force India drive more than Adrian Sutil) replaced him. No one can deny that Jules is a solid driver who has just as much potential as any other driver.

I think people are too quick to shout off about pay drivers nowadays, its the new flashy word. They act like pay drivers never existed. Unfortunately pay drivers (and back markers) have always existed and will always exist. And back marker teams like Marussia are always going to use them. Heck it isn't even F1 that pay drivers exist, I've used the example of GP2 and Adam Carroll before. He could never really afford a full GP2 season but when he could afford or was used as a replacement for a few races he was always up on the podium or there abouts even if before then the team looked like a dog!

So I do feel for Razia, of course I do! So close yet so far away. Heartbreaking!

But as a fan of Jules I have to say I'm now more excited then ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment