25 March 2013

F1 Malaysia 2013

Grand Prix of Malaysia 2013

Winner : Sebastian Vettel
Second : Mark Webber
Third : Lewis Hamilton

Lots of drama, lots of anger and lots to talk about...

I am starting to write this whilst still waiting to watch the podium ceremony... And let me tell you this, not happy faces. No celebrating. And an angry Australian (my favorite part of any ceremony.)

Anyway on to the race! 

For a start I am really happy that the title sequence is staying, I mean they could have been like this last year I don't know because I didn't watch the races much last year. But I am really happy that this is the title sequence.

I am really loving Suzi Perry, she is a wonderful personality for the grid and it helped that her "science/rain" talk was done in front of Bianchis car.

So the race....

I knew in advance that Fernando retired on lap one, but it didn't help at all knowing before hand to see so little of him and seeing how mighty the Ferrari is looking. They are getting wonderful starts so I think that this season is going to be a positive one for them even if the Red Bulls start to get a grip on the championship.

There is already like a 22 point gap between Fernando and Seb though... Worrying.

My favorite part of the GP was Lewis going into the McLaren pit instead of the Mercedes one. It hit home for me for the first time he is no longer with McLaren. BBC reshowed it about 3 times which made me laugh more and more every time I saw it! 

Force India were a strange one this weekend, they have the car and their drivers are alright but faulty wheel nuts... Faulty wheel nut guns?

I am totally fed up Lewis and Nico having the same helmet. It is a stupid small thing but I am starting to get annoyed with not being able to tell them apart EVER! 

The heat of Malaysia seems to have made everyone in bad moods. Kimi was getting angry with Hulkenberg, people being let out too fast in the pit lane, people getting angry over the radios. It was good fun.

Now the two big things...

The RBR incident I've written about, it is an awkward thing for them all. At the end of the day Vettel wants to win but if a driver has been told to turn his engine down and that he'll be safe from his team mate then that is what should happen. The right and wrong of it to a fan is nothing, at the end of the day they are a team. I work in a team and if I am told that my manager is behind me 100% and then they go behind my back and sell me out I'm not going to be happy. It might do them alright but it won't do me any right.

The thing is that I'm not THAT annoyed with drivers ignoring team orders. What I am annoyed at is I have the feeling that Vettel won't be happy if now that he has done that Webber doesn't help him in the end of the season when he needs some help. Vettel has been helped by Webber many times and when the favor should be returned he hardly ever does return it. You can't expect it and not return it.

As for Mercedes I am thoroughly disgusted. Not so much with the fact that there is team orders, again I'm not really against team orders, but with the, what I believe was horrible messages they sent through the radio to Nico. "You have a gap behind you and nothing to gain in front" excuse me in front was a third place he bloody well deserved that if he was allowed to fight Lewis. 

Nico was very grown up about it but it really is quite horrible. 

David Coulthard didn't really help trying to stick up for Mercedes. 

So the race was a good one, I did enjoy the racing as well as the controversy. 

Jules was 13th! Can't believe it so proud of my little French man. Another hard day for Jenson though who retired at the end, and Perez... Where the heck is McLaren?! 

Suzi Perry is wonderful, she basically bullied answers out of DC that Jake wouldn't have bothered with. It was too much a boys club sometimes on BBC, not that I didn't enjoy it, I'm happy that Suzi will get her point across and make DC actually answer questions. This is why I loved her on MotoGP.

The next race unfortunately isn't next week! The one weekend I have off before my first weekend. It is in three weeks time and it will be the first live BBC race.

I will be taping it and once again watching it late at night, so I will see you then!

Man of the race for me by the by would probably be Webber or Nico for not punching someone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment