18 November 2012

The customer is always right?

It really gets on my nerves when people say that. Especially when they are saying it and there is no way what they say will ever be "right" as it is against what our shop does!


To be honest today we haven't had anyone say that directly but the last few Sundays I have had a few customers who in the face of being wrong have tried to turn the whole blame on us.

First off a few weeks back (when I came back from my holiday!) I had a gentleman who called me "moronic" because I wouldn't give him something without proof of purchase. It wouldn't go into his mind that you'd need PROOF that you had brought something before you took it away! He spent 20 minutes telling me I am an idiot and the company doesn't know what they are doing before spouting out that EVERYWHERE else in Plymouth would let him take an item without a receipt  When I replied actually you need it in Toys R Us and Argos for sure, he replied "Well I would take that right away wouldn't I?"

But his masterpiece of stupidity was when he ADMITTED that whoever sold him the piece of furniture TOLD him he needed a receipt to collect and ADMITTED that he threw it away because he doesn't like receipts!

Next up I had the classic "I've had a heart problem therefore how much of a discount do I get?"

Really? REALLY?! The charity funds the technology that saved your life, without wanting to sound terrible (actually I don't care) you should be GRATEFUL that we charge that much else we'd never raise the money for the technology to be as wildly available as it is.

I know without asking you never know but really, about 10 minutes after he came and asked his friend came up and made our managers life a living hell going on about how every charity should at least be up to barter at least 10% of the asking price. He took all the details down to phone head office after paying full price... I felt like asking what he'd actually achieve by all this.

Today we had a man come into the shop and DEMAND we open the back gate for him to collect something. Well I'm sorry that people TELLING you the warehouse is closed on a Sunday and the signs in front of you saying WAREHOUSE OPENING HOURS SUNDAY : CLOSED isn't enough to tell you before hand that the warehouse... AMAZING... Is closed on a Sunday. And it isn't closed because we like to laugh at stupid old men who make themselves look stupid its closed because Toys R Us don't want it open and we have no warehouse men.

This time I'd welcome the guy to ask head office why because maybe they'll force Matt to work a Sunday once in a while instead of me always working Sundays!

Next up today we had the women who apparently knew all the laws but was going to phone up trading standards before she phoned Jenny up tomorrow to make sure she knew what she wanted.

3 seconds online told me that what she believed was wrong. Yes she might have 12 months guarantee on new goods sold in our shop but that is for a fault on our end not wear and tear or the fact her daughter is going to be a fussy bitch about how the wood looks 10 months down the line.

If the product is broken of course we'll give her money back or a replacement but she basically wanted to know if 10 months down the line if she didn't like it anymore could she get her money back because new goods should have a 12 month guarantee.

............................................................................................................................

I ended today with a stupid foreigner who wanted me to turn ALL the TVs back on 5 minutes before we closed so she could choose one to buy. Just because one wouldn't turn to AV without every other one turned on (because of our leads etc) she wanted me to turn them all on before I go home..... After watching me turn them all of.

All this whilst she let her brat poor a whole bottle of juice on the floor... Right in front of electricals. Smart bitch.

I don't care what you say a customer isn't right just because they are rude. When I tell you delivery is £20 we didn't make that number up to upset people, we didn't do it on purpose THAT is how much our delivery drivers charged the store and if you want we'll give you their number to make a private delivery which would cost about £20 more.

No amount of "I'm right you're wrong" is going to change the prices or the delivery rate. It won't make me book you in on a day where the drivers are over booked already. Being rude and stupid will just make you look stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment